Thursday, February 12, 2009

My Beautiful Yarra Valley

It was my home for 8 years and I that is always where I return when I want to get back to myself.
This photo was taken last week - opposite Chateau yering - and now doesn't exist. That tree in the far distance is my favourite tree and in the far far distance are the trestle bridges that I've taken only a few people - for that is my retreat from the world...and they no longer exist.

These beautiful pastures are now charred remains...... the photo on the left is what is the paddock on the right - burnt out, smoking and charred. One week ago, it was luch and green.








Strange that I called this particular picture "Phoenix" because that is what they have now named the clean up project - Phoenix. This was taken the week before the fire.

Please have a look at what used to be and is no longer.....but will return one day.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/shazzah/sets/72157613694373542/

1 comment:

  1. The key phrase in your blog is 'will return one day'. There will be scars for years, even decades, to come... but the lush green will return next spring. Perhaps you could visit during early spring and plant a new tree; a simple of your faith in the things yet to be.

    I 'feel' the sorrow in your words clear to the other side of our world. I wish I could hug you so tightly, better yet... perform magick that would undo this which evoke your tears. I am grateful for your pictoral journaling, though... For through your mindful heart, and keen artistic eye, you've blessed me with having had the experience of visiting your beautiful solace.

    I love you... simply.

    ReplyDelete