Monday, January 26, 2009

Desperately Seeking Funny Bone

The New Year is 26 days in and I'm yet to find life funny. WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME???

Alex has redeemed my dilemma by choosing to spend her 18th money on her school fees and will worry about her rego and insurance when the time comes. So......that has been solved and an air of calm has descended on her (and me but only about this topic), which has pacified me some.

However, just as I was settling myself nicely into the couch of comfort in my mind, Adam cut his foot open on some broken glass on Saturday night and didn't tell me about it until Sunday afternoon. So......a dash to the hospital uncovers a deep wound with a piece of glass still lodged quite deeply in his foot and has now positioned itself horizontally. So surgery is required with nary a plastic surgeon to be found because it's a Public Holiday (Australia Day).

Squeaky wheel gets the oil and now we're going back to the hospital tomorrow with the possibility that he'll be operated on tomorrow afternoon but no guarantee.

How can I be worn out when the year is so new? This was meant to be a very relaxing long weekend and I am not relaxed yet. I can't find my smile and nothing is very funny right now.

One of these days, this blog is gonna showcase my sense of humour - just not right now.

1 comment:

  1. Shaz, how is Adam's foot? Did they get a surgeon to operate today? I'm thinking of him and sending him lots of love and lessons learned!
    I am thinking of you and sending you big sloppy schmooches and hugs with comforting arms to get you through these teenagers tiresome troubles.

    ReplyDelete