Monday, January 12, 2009

Today which is now Yesterday and La Famille

Family.


Today was spent deliciously celebrating Alex's 18th birthday with the closest family members. No pomp, no circumstance, no formalities - a brilliant BBQ at Funfields in Melbourne's sensational summer.


Retrospectively speaking, today (yesterday) was one of those warm, bubbly days that makes you so grateful for the gorgeous people in your life. I've had a past which was very different to the life I have now. I've had lifelong friends, from school, from travel, from work and they've all played a wonderful part in that previous life. However, with the reinvention and 9 year long tranformation from Sharon Bailey to Sharon Johnston, most of them have had to be cut loose for a variety of reason, which I'm choosing not to elabroate on.


I have discovered new friends and the creme-de-la-creme - my family. They've always been there, mind you - some longer than others but we've all slowly evolved to this place - the "here and now' - where we've bonded in what I can only describe as a 'safe, warm, cosy, cocoon of marshmallowy soft love'. I feel blessed. I think of them individually and collectively and wonder what did I do right in this life to have them all under my personal umbrella of love? I am very, very lucky.


"Every moment is a golden one for him who has the vision to recognize it as such". Henry Miller.

No comments:

Post a Comment